Transmissions from the pop culture battlefront, with emphasis on guerrilla audio technique

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Microphone Schema


Yesterday I used for the first time a Sennheiser ew112-p G2 wireless lavalier setup with Broadcasters Amy and Andrew for their Reviews and Snap Judgment™ segments. Two kits, actually, with two transmitters and two receivers. Both receivers kept in close proximity in the top pocket of my TASCAM's Portabrace. Low interference, satisfactory noise floor, although it alarmed my ears upon first computer playback following my TYPE-A(my) sound intelligence processing. Noise was greased away by capturing each take's sample "Noise Profile" and then applying a custom noise cancellation filter, which didn't degrade voice quality appreciably considering the segment's final flash video publication format. Head of Post Broadcaster Jody assured me he could easily synthesize two discreet microphone channels spanning a stereo track into his workflow, which eases one particular procedural burden rather significantly on my end. Great job Broadcaster Jody! Our Champion of Media Synthesis (CMS)!

No comments: